Perhaps, this has been the stand of President Rodrigo Duterte regarding the renewal of operating franchise of Philippines' network giant, ABS-CBN as he expressed his plan to block it in congress.
In an interview with reporters, Duterte said would not be able to renew its franchise under his administration because of his disappointment over the country's largest television network.
He pointed out, tri-media networks should always uphold to journalist standards.
"The ABS-CBN's franchise will be due but it does not need extension because it has been there for about 25 years. The law says it's okay, only if you adhere to journalistic standards," Duterte said.
He supported his argument through pointing ABS-CBN's error as they did not air Duterte and Sen. Chiz Escudero's campaign ads during the elecetion period despite the fact that they collected the ample amount needed.
"But what have you done to us? Estafa, swindling. Not only me but also Senator Francis Escudero and others. You collected and committed estafa so I will file a complaint. Congress, no need to renew it," he added.
The network giant has created a dispute with Duterte for its allegedly biased reporting during the 2016 presidential campaign.
Other than that, the said radio-TV network highlights the bad side of the President.
Duterte has repeatedly describes the ABS-CBN's story on his alleged wealth as "garbage."
He also said they will experience karma for unfairness in reporting, soon.
ABS-CBN failed to secure a new legislative franchise operations of its television and radio for another 25 years before the 16th congress adjourned in June last year.
In March 30, 2020, the network's franchise will be due.
So what can you say about this one? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below, and don't forget to share this post to your family and friends online. And also, visit our website more often for more updates.
Visit and follow our website: Filipinews